In the interim though Adam, Jared, and myself have talked about doing a sort of R and D project. We decided with this project we wouldn't limit ourselves on any concept or Idea so we are going to go full out. It is basically meant to push us too our limits and beyond. So one of the primary things we are going to do i learn to do some 3d animation. So we decided that we would all go ahead and learn Houdini.
I am really the only one in the group who has no experience with any type of 3d animation or 2d computer animation for that matter. Jared and I have at least started taking some online classes from 3dbuzz.com. For me though I find it hard to just sit and watch a class online with out really being able to follow along and do what he is doing myself. So I often get bored and will go and mess around with the program on my own. So I watch enough of the tutorials to get a some what basic understanding of the program. I finally got bored though and decided to strike off on my own to see what I could do. Well I have done this before with other programs and I have to say most of the time It either took me forever to figure out what to do or any thing I tried to do was basically a disaster.

Surprisingly this time seems to be different within a couple of hours of messing around I have some pretty good results. I am going to try and get back into the tutorials some more so I can really get into the program and see what I can churn out then. So far it is really fun and I am having problems not spending to much time in the program really working at it. So hopefully I will begin to post better and better pics of what I have done.
This week we watched another horror flick "Friday the 13th" the first one. I have to say wow this was cheesy and not scary at all. I don't think there was a single point were I was in any way scared, though the mom of Jason was very creepy although I do find it laughable that she supposedly overpowered all these young kids or had the strength to kill them all in one blow, but what ever. It was at least a very good example of the time period. So we will move onto bigger and better things.
Oh and one other thing we have finally gotten our podcast on Itunes you can find it by searching for "RealCast" Until next time, this is Michael Carpenter.
Hi Michael!! That's awesome, dude! Just thought I'd leave a comment so you'd know I stopped bye! =)
ReplyDeleteSarah Brant